Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance. ~ Pablo Casals


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anderson Says He's Going Back to New Orleans

Just saw a headline on Twitter that Anderson Cooper is going back to New Orleans to find out what happened to all that money that found its way there after Katrina. Money that was supposed to be used to REBUILD parks and schools and little shops ...etc.
A LOT of money.

Not sure when this will be available on CNN ....maybe he's going there next week ??? BUT oh my GOD....he is somebody who cared about those people who were affected.. from day one. You could tell by his reporting how deeply he was touched by what he saw.

That's when I first saw Anderson Cooper...during those Katrina reports . Said to myself..."Wow...who IS this guy ? He cares.

So many Americans, I'm sure have long forgotten the victims of that devastating hurricane. Yet , for a while...I was positive we could never hear the mere word Katrina again.

Now....I'm not so sure. I think a lot of Americans have just moved on...back to complacency as usual. So Bravo to you Anderson. Bravo.

And no, I'm not tired of your reporting . Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment