Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance. ~ Pablo Casals


Friday, June 12, 2009

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE

It's summer again and that means the return of So You Think You Can Dance on the Fox network.

I don't watch American Idol....never have.....can't really say why.

But this dance program grabbed me a few years ago one night when I was turning the channels .
Incredible young people...ages about 18 - 28 roughly...who have had some dance training and have auditioned for weeks get a chance to compete with 19 other young dancers for the win. Each week now, another young and hopeful good dancer will get "voted off'. Til we get to the final week and see who the last one standing is !!

I think they get a part in a Broadway or Vegas musical if they win..plus they do get some money ..like maybe $ 100,000.

I just watch it cause the dancers are almost ALWAYS so inspiring .
Their energy , their performances of many different styles of dance is at times quite mesmerizing to me. And there is outstanding choreography done by professional choeographers. I never knew there were so many talented choreographers around til I saw this show. What a job that would be !!

As a young girl I always thought it would be wonderful to be an accomplished dancer. But no talent in that area for me. Yet all my life I have continuted to envy anyone who could really dance well . I especially like it when the dance actually tells a story and the dancers are the interpreters to the story .

Some of these dance routines just come right out and touch your heart...making you F E E L.

No comments:

Post a Comment