Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

Raquette Lake in the Adirondacks 2008

I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance. ~ Pablo Casals


Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks Should Be For Every Day

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - JFK quote
------------------------------------------------------------

This is a wonderful quote. What are you thankful for ?
How often do you take the time to think about what
you are thankful for ?


I try to say out loud what I am thankful for...but I
certainly don't do it often enough.
Whenever I see a homeless person...it really hits me...
all that I have .
We could all benefit from just taking a minute each day to
say " thank you ".

3 comments:

  1. Appreciation is so beautifully powerful. I remind myself to say, "Thank you," to checkout workers, the janitor who dumps my garbage at work, and anyone else who smiled and are just being themselves putting goodness out into the universe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, I love the title of your blog - My Ramblings Good and Bad!! - it's great. There is something so kitschy and yet so heartfelt here. And the location on your Twitter profile - Atlanta suburbs. This is priceless. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, Thank you so much, for the kind comments about my artwork on twitter. I enjoy your blog; lots of words of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete